Today is the anniversary of the birth of Lady Diana St John nee Spencer, born on 24th March 1734. Lady Diana was a very talented artist who, after her divorce from Frederick St John, 2nd Viscount Bolingbroke, supported herself creating designs for Wedgwood pottery, some of which are still in use today. Some of her designs were inspired by the country scenes she saw around Lydiard Park and the Blue Closet in Lydiard House is dedicated to her art.
- Women’s History Month | 17th Century Healers: Lucy Apsley & Johanna St.John
- Annie Whitehead Talks Anglo-Saxon in Author Chats
- Happy Birthday Lady Diana
- Welcoming Tony Riches, Tudor Storyteller, to Author Chats
- The Earl and the Lady are Free
- Introducing Author Chats
- Theo is FREE this weekend … are you?
- Second Wrench Lecture Series begins March 8
- Billy Beaumont’s New Masters
- Friends of Lydiard Park draw on their past to look to the future
- Chill with a Book Premier Award Win
- Lecture Tour Count Down!
- Happy Birthday Luce!
- The Lure of Libraries
- Angels, Buckets and Bells
- The Rebel. The Courtier. The Spymistress.